Applied Research Methods: A Practical Guide to Poverty Score Card, Citizen Report Card, Community Score Card (Empowered with SPSS) April 20-22, 2016 (Last date–April 18, 2016)
Applied Research Methods: A Practical Guide to Poverty Score Card, Citizen Report Card, Community Score Card (Empowered with SPSS)
April 20-22, 2016 (Last date–April 18, 2016)
This 3-day training is a practical course on development of key research tools in quantitative as well as qualitative research. Poverty Score Card and Citizen Report Card are most widely used tools in quantitative research used by World Bank, Grameen Foundation and other international organizations to measure poverty and public policy outcomes. This training will engage participants with opportunity to learn basic to advance research process, generation of PSC, CRC and CSC.
This course is especially important for organizations who need to determine poverty levels of communities and who focus on measuring public policy outcomes.
At the end of the training, participants will be able to demonstrate:
1. The difference between Poverty Score Card, Citizen Report Card and Community Score Card
2. Understand Research Process and Sampling Process
3. Develop Poverty Score Card, Citizen Report Card and Community Score Card
4. Understand basics of SPSS
5. Use SPSS for specific data analysis requirements
6. Interpret results of Poverty Score Card, Citizen Report Card and Community Score Card
The contents are give below by single day, however, the contents can overlay between days. All given sessions will be covered.
The training will hold from April 20-22, 2016 at Islamabad. Last date to register is April 18, 2016.Note: We encourage to apply well on time before last date as waiting for last date may risk you chance to be part of this technical training workshop.
Day I (April 19, 2016)
1. Introduction to Applied Research
2. Research Process
3. Sampling techniques
4. Mix Research methodology
5. Indicators and scoring
Day II (April 20, 2016)
1. Introduction to Poverty Score Card
2. History, rationale and development of Poverty Score Card
3. Schreiner’s Process to assign scores to PSC component
4. Introduction to Citizen Report Card
5. Development of Citizen Report Card and its use
Day III (April 21, 2016)
1. What is Community Score Card?
2. Process and scoring for CSC
3. Using SPSS to Develop and Analyze data on PSC, CRC and CSC.
4. Syntax and manual interface of SPSS
5. Other important advance data analysis techniques
6. Detailed informative and practical session on SPSS
7. Data management skills in SPSS
8. Cleaning of Data and Generation of Results
9. Cross tabulation and trends analysis
10.Generating new variables
11.Introduction to Hypothesis testing and Advance Analysis/Regression etc.
Training fee and discounts
Training fee for one participant is PKR. 25,900/= for International Organizations; PKR. 21,900 for National/Government Organizations and PKR. 18,900 for Local Organizations/Individuals.
For International Applicants, the fee is US$ 500 (US$ 400 for Afghanistan and Nepal).
This fee includes training material, trainers’ fee, certificates, lunch and refreshment and government taxes. This also includes one-month free consultation after training. Following are the discounts applicable.
ü 5% discount for early bird registration (10th April 2016)
ü 5% for 2 to 3 participants from same organization
ü 7% discount for registration of 4 trainees from same organization
ü One participation free on registration of five or more participants from same organization
The fee can be paid by the following methods:
1. Online Deposits at UBL (Brach code: 1155)—School Road, Islamabad Branch: Acc. # 000203686098
2. Cross Cheque: Account Title: “Research Analytics International”
3. Pay order/demand draft for “Research Analytics International”
How to register with us?
Registering with Research Analytics International Inc. is easiest. You can put an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and call us at +92 51 8444297, 4311633, 2806093 (Landline) and on +92 0332-4311333 (mobile). Training can be registered also at www.researchanalyticsintl.org/course_register.php. To get more information regarding other training programs, please keep visiting at Training Page and Facebook Page.
Suite 407, 4th Floor, Royal Centre, 106 West, Fazal-e-Haq Road, Blue Area, Islamabad
© Research Analytics International. Please remain informed about those who replicate our trainings.